Literatures of Acupuncture treating Common Symptoms of COVID-19
1. Huang, Xianbao, et al. “Clinical observation of heat-sensitive moxibustion in the treatment of new coronavirus pneumonia.” Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion 4 (2020)
2. China Acupuncture Association. “Guidance on acupuncture intervention for Novel Coronavirus pneumonia (Second Edition) ，” Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion 4 (2020)
3. Chen, Bo, et al. “Discussion on the Scientific Basis of Acupuncture in the Prevention and Treatment of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Complicated with Sepsis.” World Chinese Medicine 2 (2020)
Literatures of Acupuncture treating Common Respiratory System Diseases
1. Brinkhaus, Benno, et al. “Acupuncture in patients with allergic asthma: a randomized pragmatic trial.” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 23.4 (2017): 268-277.
2. Scheewe, S., et al. “Acupuncture in children and adolescents with bronchial asthma: a randomised controlled study.” Complementary therapies in medicine 19.5 (2011): 239-246.
3. Joos, Stefanie, et al. “Immunomodulatory effects of acupuncture in the treatment of allergic asthma: a randomized controlled study.” The journal of alternative and complementary medicine 6.6 (2000): 519-525.
1. Xiao, Lei, et al. “Clinical observation on effects of acupuncture at Dazhui (GV 14) for abating fever of common cold.” Zhongguo zhen jiu= Chinese acupuncture & moxibustion 27.3 (2007): 169-172.
2. Kwon, Seung Won, et al. “Acupuncture therapy for fever induced by viral upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) in military medical service: a case series.” Acupuncture in Medicine 32.6 (2014): 509-511.
Pain Management: LBP, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis of Knee, Headache Migraine
1. Nahin, Richard L., et al. “Evidence-based evaluation of complementary health approaches for pain management in the United States.” Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Vol. 91. No. 9. Elsevier, 2016.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mayocp.2016.06.007 cited by 120
Pain and General Well-Being
1. Zhi, W. Iris, et al. “Acupuncture for bortezomib-induced peripheral neuropathy: not just for pain.” Integrative cancer therapies 17.4 (2018): 1079-1086.
https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1534735418788667 cited by 9
Headache and Migraine
1. Coeytaux, Remy R., and Deanna Befus. “Role of acupuncture in the treatment or prevention of migraine, tension‐type headache, or chronic headache disorders.” Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 56.7 (2016): 1238-1240.
https://doi.org/10.1111/head.12857 cited by 37
2. Linde, Klaus, et al. “Acupuncture for the prevention of tension‐type headache.” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 4 (2016).
https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD007587.pub2 cited by 550
3. Linde, Klaus, et al. “Acupuncture for the prevention of episodic migraine.” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 6 (2016).
https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD001218.pub3 cited by 193
4. Coeytaux, Remy R., et al. “A randomized, controlled trial of acupuncture for chronic daily headache.” Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 45.9 (2005): 1113-1123.
5. Jena, S., et al. “Acupuncture in patients with headache.” Cephalalgia 28.9 (2008): 969-979.
https://doi.org/10.1111%2Fj.1468-2982.2008.01640.x cited by 136
6. Jan, Andrew L., et al. “Does acupuncture have a role in providing analgesia in the emergency setting? A systematic review and meta‐analysis.” Emergency Medicine Australasia 29.5 (2017): 490-498.
https://doi.org/10.1111/1742-6723.12832 cited by 9
7. Zhao, Ling, et al. “The long-term effect of acupuncture for migraine prophylaxis: a randomized clinical trial.” JAMA internal medicine 177.4 (2017): 508-515.
DOI:10.1001/jamainternmed.2016.9378 cited by 95
8. Xu, Shabei, et al. “Manual acupuncture versus sham acupuncture and usual care for prophylaxis of episodic migraine without aura: multicentre, randomised clinical trial.” BMJ 368 (2020).
https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m697 cited by1
Low Back Pain
1. Haake, Michael, et al. “German Acupuncture Trials (GERAC) for chronic low back pain: randomized, multicenter, blinded, parallel-group trial with 3 groups.” Archives of internal medicine 167.17 (2007): 1892-1898.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/413107 cited by 723
2. Berman, Brian M., et al. “Acupuncture for chronic low back pain.” New England Journal of Medicine 363.5 (2010): 454-461.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMct0806114 cited by 231
1. Song, Gengqing, Claudio Fiocchi, and Jean-Paul Achkar. “Acupuncture in inflammatory bowel disease.” Inflammatory bowel diseases 25.7 (2019): 1129-1139.
https://doi.org/10.1093/ibd/izy371 cited by 6
2. Zhao, Ji-meng, et al. “Comparison of electroacupuncture and mild-warm moxibustion on brain-gut function in patients with constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized controlled trial.” Chinese journal of integrative medicine 24.5 (2018): 328-335.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s11655-018-2838-0 cited by 4
3. Lin, Jaung-Geng, et al. “The effect of high and low frequency electroacupuncture in pain after lower abdominal surgery.” Pain 99.3 (2002): 509-514.
https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3959(02)00261-0 cited by 252
1. Ünülü, Meryem, and Nurten Kaya. “The Effect of Neiguan Point (P6) acupressure with wristband on postoperative nausea, vomiting, and comfort level: a randomized controlled study.” Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing 33.6 (2018): 915-927.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jopan.2017.09.006 cited by 8
2. Martin, Christine S., et al. “Randomized trial of acupuncture with antiemetics for reducing postoperative nausea in children.” Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica 63.3 (2019): 292-297.
https://doi.org/10.1111/aas.13288 cited by 3
3. Avcı, Hatice Sevil, Nimet Ovayolu, and Özlem Ovayolu. “Effect of acupressure on nausea-vomiting in patients with acute myeloblastic leukemia.” Holistic Nursing Practice 30.5 (2016): 257-262.
https://doi.org/10.1097/HNP.0000000000000161 cited by 12
4. Lee, Anna, Simon KC Chan, and Lawrence TY Fan. “Stimulation of the wrist acupuncture point PC6 for preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting.” Cochrane database of systematic reviews 11 (2015).
https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD003281.pub4 cited by 694
1. Deare, John C., et al. “Acupuncture for treating fibromyalgia.” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 5 (2013).
https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD007070.pub2 cited by 210
1. Meng, Jian-biao, et al. “Electro-acupuncture attenuates inflammatory responses and intraabdominal pressure in septic patients: A randomized controlled trial.” Medicine 97.17 (2018).
2. Yang, Guang, et al. “Effects of electro-acupuncture at Zusanli, Guanyuan for sepsis patients and its mechanism through immune regulation.” Chinese journal of integrative medicine 22.3 (2016): 219-224.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s11655-016-2462-9 cited by 7
3. Jianli, C. “The effect of acupuncture on serum IgE level in patients with chronic urticaria.” Journal of traditional Chinese medicine= Chung i tsa chih ying wen pan 26.3 (2006): 189-190.
https://europepmc.org/article/med/17078446 cited by 30
Literatures were searched and provided by Hong Yong Deng, Wen Zhou Zhong. Zhi Wei Liang, and Chulong Xue went on to select, sort and classify the articles. The collection of articles is finished on 4/20/2020.