AACMA has the most members among all the professional organizations.
AACMA membership fee in 2020 is $200 (includes $80 of political action fee).
There are TEN major reasons of joining AACMA:
1. Members have 9 continue education (CE) classes with credit to attend. Attending Zoom
classes online is only $30 for 4 CE units. Attending on-site classes is $50 for 7-9 CE units. The cost
to register for non-members is $200 per class.
2. Members get discount for malpractice insurance premiums from MIEC.
3. Members will receive announcements about continue education classes and all the activities
of AACMA. Members get to know information about legislation, insurance, academic, etc. on
4. Members can sign in into the website of AACMA: aacmaonline.com. Members get the
privilege to visit the “members only” page to view the academic information. Members have
opportunity of free advertisement. Patients can find trusted acupuncturist in our “searching for
acupuncturist” page which listed out all our members.
5. There are 4 regional chapters of AACMA: Sacramento, San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay.
Members in the belonging regions are invited to attend irregular academic and clinical
management seminars, recreational activities, dinner parties, to enhance connections of each
other. It is a real family of acupuncturists.
6. There are specialty committees such as Internal Medicine, Gynecology, Orthopedics
Acupuncture, Clinical Management, etc. established in AACMA. They are consisted by experts
rich in clinical experience. Members can participate their seminars, case studies, and get
answers for related questions anytime.
7. Members can join AACMA academics WeChat group, political activity WeChat group and
regional chapter WeChat group. Members can attend the monthly or biweekly WeChat lectures
or case study for free. There will be adequate instructions from experts and information of
group activities in the WeChat groups.
8. Members can go to the annual BBQ party, the biggest outdoor event of AACMA, with family
and friends. There are always plenty delicious food, music, singing, dancing, raffle drawing and
9. Members get group discount participating the trips organized by AACMA. Senior members
can participate the annual “Pay Respect to Pioneers and Elders” event. Accept tribute from
cadres and posterity.
10. AACMA has legal consultants to help ensure all the work of the association are legal.
Members get knowledge about law and regulation related to acupuncture practice periodically.
AACMA is the group member of American Alliance for Professional Acupuncture and Safety
(AAPAS). It has played an active and significant role at the movement of opposing illegal practice
of dry-needling and protection of the benefit of acupuncturists. AACMA will continue to strive
for the most benefit of all acupuncturists. AACMA is group member of World Federation of
Chinese Medicine Societies (WFCMS) and World Federation of Acupuncture-Moxibustion
Societies (WFAS ), two international professional organizations. The elected Vice President of
both organizations are from the Board of AACMA.
Please check out our website aacmaonline.com for detail. Our contact phone number is (415)
Primary Members: Members who hold the US acupuncture license and agree with and are willing to follow AACMA’s bylaws are eligible to apply for Primary Membership.
Student Members: For students who are studying in Chinese Medicine colleges and universities anywhere in the U.S. and agree with AACMA’s bylaws are eligible to apply for the Student Membership.
Honorary Members: Those who agree with AACMA’s bylaws and follow them, meet high ethical standards, and support the Chinese Medicine profession are all eligible to become Honorary Members.
Important Note: For all of the above members, if anyone who commits a crime in any form, he/she will automatically lose his/her membership, AACMA will never bear any obligation or legal responsibility relating to such criminal conduct.